Sunday, July 5, 2009

Trip to DC is Success

You cannot begin to know how proud and honored I am to be able to represent the students from Lovejoy and Escola Parque and to show the world what you have done.

The conference that I attended is sponsored by the International Society for Technology in Education. There are more than one thousand exhibitors. Technology companies and online organizations that are very interested in our work are PBS, Smart Industries, Microsoft, TappedIn, Edutopia, and SKYPE. You should feel proud of doing an excellent job.

During our poster session (see pictures in Orkut), I talked to college professors, Department of Education personnel from Virgin Islands, a representative of Smart Industries from Brasil, a teacher from Brasil, teachers from Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, Peru, Mexico, Canada, Kenya, Korea, and Singapore. All were very excited about what you are doing. Most wanted to know how they can get involved in similar projects. The book was a big hit.

As far as our near fiasco using unauthorized clip art, it was a learning experience for all of us. I think the new cover looks better anyhow.

You guys are awesome. This presentation was all about you. People from around the world are watching you now. Continue to do your best. What you do is exemplary of where 21st century education is headed. You are pioneers. You are a success! Congratulations!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with this opinion!! We have been the first ones to really use technology in a pedagogic way to make it possible a virtual dialog between people so far from each other, but that have so many things in common! Classrooms don't need to be close to be each other anymore to create a possible interaction. We Parque School students and Lovejoy students are a real example of that!!
Tyrone